With today’s patch, pickups received new damage values and the main weapons now have individual attributes. A lot of little bugfixes and changes to the tracks, racers and the graphical user interface also made it into the patch.
- Projectile navigation and the respawn points were improved.
- The energy recharge field in the parking lot was enlarged (forward direction).
- The slowing lanes now have an animation.
- Some of the textures were changed to give the track a more futuristic look.
- The booster pads before the second jump (forward direction) were enhanced for Tier 1 and Tier 2. Before, it was sometimes impossible to make the jump after a respawn.
- A pickup on a booster pad was removed.
- All main weapons received individual attributes.
- All pickups received new damage values.
- The damage of pickups now scales with the tier.
- The graphical effect of the pick-up “Electrostorm” was extended and now shows the actual area of effect, which was decreased a little.
- The range of the “Roommaker” pick-up was larger than intended. It was reduced by 65% and now equals the width of the starting straight in the Canyon track.
- The radius of the energy pulse when depleting the energy reserves was decreased by 65%. It now also equals the width of the starting straight in the Canyon Track.
Graphical User Interface
- New players now see a window explaining the controls on the tracks in the loading screen before a race. Experienced players can hide this window.
- The handling of the main menu (ESC menu) was improved for gamepads.
- Sorting the highscore list now works more intuitively.
- The are no more available screen resolutions in the graphics options that are narrower than 4:3.
- Long drop-down menus now have a scroll bar and do not extend beyond the screen anymore.
- Players now receive audio feedback when completing a race.
- Every race track has multiple sound tracks now. The game chooses one at random when loading a race.
- Boosting on a slowing lane no longer accelerates your racer backwards.
- Heat fields no longer cause heat on exploded racers.
- Removed a bug that caused flickering shadows on objects.
- Buttons are now correctly displayed after a click.
- Removed a bug that prevented players from accessing highscore lists in which they themselves were not listed.
- In the optical customization, the correct price symbol for colours is displayed now.
- After finishing a race, the weapon unlock image is no longer displayed.
Hint: If you are looking to participate in races with many other players, try to log in between 19:00 and 21:00 CET!
Attention: Due to a scheduled maintenance of our server provider, the Quantum Rush servers might be offline for up to 30 minutes between 0:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. (CET) on 23.1.2014 and 30.1.2014.
Your Quantum Rush Team