With today’s patch come many small changes and bugfixes – we paid particular attention to reducing the jittering movement of other racers.
As always, thanks for your feedback! We hope that you like the changes.
New features & Changes
- The movement of other racers has been smoothed out to reduce the jitters. Lag can still lead to sudden movement sometimes.
- The research tree now shows on mouseover which module is represented by the icon.
- The “weak” NPCs now have worse driving skill than the medium or hard NPCs. We are continuing on improving the skill of the hard NPC’s.
- The highscore is now updated regularly and is loaded much quicker than before. The time between updates is 5 minutes.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the game during a race.
- Your own racer no longer moves around suddenly after it exploded.
- The levitation of your own racer is now more stable.
- Using the internal booster now shows the correct speed.
- You can now whisper to players who use a different language in the general chat.
- When buying colours with credits the confirmation window now shows the correct credit price and your current credits.
- The duration of “Flash Bang” is now always constant.
- The “Race Result” window is now also shown when you do not finish the race.
- The special track elements (deceleration fields) are now working in the training mode.
- You can now discard pickups in training mode.
- The camera positions after crossing the finish line are now always correct.
- The shield explosion of IES racer now has a proper sound again.
- Racers behave normally again when being respawned.
- NPCs are now able to use lock-on-pickups on every track and every situation.
- Nitroid racers driven by AI will stop using the booster when the racer would explode from overheating.
- The racer always uses the correct configuration.
- The effect of the smoke cloud-pickup now starts again immediately behind your racer.
- The projectiles from mounted weapons are now fired from the correct position.
See you on the racetracks!
Your Quantum Rush Team
Hint: If you are looking to participate in races with many other players, try to log in between 19:00 and 21:00 CET! Scheduling online races with other beta testers is now also possible via the Quantum Rush Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/quantumrush.