Today’s patch not only brings a new and improved racer customisation interface, but also a lot of new, individually paintable skins.
The research interface was optimzed too. Racer parts can now be bought and equiped here, so you don’t have to switch to another part of the garage to do so after researching a new part.
And there is more: we have also invested a lot of work into the NPCs. We hope you like the changes!
And, as usual, we have fixed bugs.
Here are the detailed patchnotes:
New features and changes
- The research interface was optimized. Racer parts can now be bought and equipped here. Additionally, there is a new feature that allows you to buy an unresearched racer with coins. However, this option is only available if you have already researched a racer of the same tier.
- The customization interface received a complete overhaul. The menus are now arranged in a more logical and user-friendly way.
- For every racer, you can now choose between a total of 6 different skins, the default skin and 5 more, which can be unlocked with Qoins. The unlockable skins all come with two paintable surfaces.
- The A.I. controlled NPCs are devided into three categories: easy, medium and hard. Now, each category not only differs regarding pick-up and track elements usage, but also in driving skills.
- The NPCs now receive random names.
- The NPC navigation has been optimised so that NPCs are now also able to master the higher speeds on the race tracks for higher tiers.
- In matchmaking, the “waiting for players” countdown will now be drastically reduced if it is unlikely that other players would come back from a race in time for a lobby merge.
The attributes of all T4 and T5 engines are more differentiated now.
- A problem with the modus dropdown in the highscores has been fixed.
- A bug that sometimes caused NPCs to stop moving was fixed.
- The same bodyslam pick-up can no longer hit the same racer twice.
- The bodyslam pick-up can no longer turn around and follow the track in the wrong direction.
- “Remove pick-up” now only removes one pick-up.
- Your vote for a track is now reset correctly upon leaving a lobby.
See you on the race track!
Your Quantum Rush team
By the way:
A survey about the music in Quantum Rush is running right now in the official forum. Take the chance and cast your vote: http://forum.quantum-rush.net/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=312
Note: The forum requires a separate registration. It’s just as easy as setting up a Quantum Rush game account: enter your email address, nickname and password and you are ready to go!
Hint: If you are looking to participate in races with many other players, try to log in between 19:00 and 21:00 CET! Scheduling online races with other beta testers is now also possible via the Quantum Rush Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/quantumrush.