This patch brings some major changes to racer controls. The way the racers react to input has been reworked and optimised.
Keyboard steering is much smoother now. Additionally, these and related changes optimise the position synchronisation between client and server. Overall, steering feels different than before and we are very excited to see how like it.
Naturally, we have done much more than just that since the last patch. Read on for the details.
New features and changes
- The menus for visual customisation now show the prices for unlocking new options (colours, skins) in the selection menu, so you do not have to click on a specific option to see the according price anymore. We have also changed the sorting within the menus: unlocked, credit price, Qoins price.
- If you click on an option, you can see how that colour or skin will look on your racer. This preview will now remain until you click on another option or leave the menu. This way, you can rotate the racer to get a better impression of the new look.
- If you search for a specific player in the highscores, their name will now be highlighted.
- Some events in the garage (e.g. friend requests) received a sound notification.
- The server-controlled racers now have random skins.
- In the garage overview, you can now see how many players are online.
- The server now sends you a chat message after login that tells you in which channel you are and how many players are currently in that channel.
- The server-controlled NPC racers can now be identified in the loading screen and the ranking window by their labels’ background colour.
- Leaving the menu for skin customisation will now always reset your racer’s appearance in the garage to reflect the active skin.
- The buttons for scrolling through the menus for skins, colours and racer parts were swapped. This has been corrected.
- Several smaller bugfixes.
See you on the race track!
The Quantum Rush Team
Hint: If you are looking to participate in races with many other players, try to log in between 19:00 and 21:00 CET! Scheduling online races with other beta testers is now also possible via the Quantum Rush Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/quantumrush.