Patch 0.8.1072 brings kill and death announcements and name tags to the races and two new features to the garage area: the in-game web browser, which enables you to access the Quantum Rush website through the game and the bonus shop, where you can purchase boosts and credits. Both are accessible via two new icons in the garage overview.
Naturally, there are lots of other new features and optimisations too, like the extended tooltips for racer attributes and an improved navigation for the racers controlled by the servers.
Important note: the countdown “waiting for players” has been removed to shorten the waiting times before and in between races. If you are looking to get into the same lobby with your friends, please use the chat for coordination.
Read on for the detailed patch notes:
News and changes
- Whenever a player dies during a race or kills a server-controlled racer, everyone will see an according notification on the right side of the screen.
- Also, you will now see other players’ names above their racers when they are close to you on the racetrack.
- Tooltips for racer and racer component attributes now include a description of the according attribute and its significance.
- We have implemented an in-game web browser that allows you to access the following parts of the Quantum Rush website: Account, Qoins, Game Guide, Support. The browser is accessible via a new icon in the garage overview.
- The pickup Flash Bang has been modified to achieve a more consistent effect duration.
- It now suffices to have raced a certain track once in order to show up in the highscores for that track.
- From now on, you can purchase credits and boosts in the Bonus Shop, which can be accessed via a new icon in the garage overview. Activating the boosts will increase your race rewards, both credits and research points, by 50%. Like in the research interface, you can also purchase racers including their research for Qoins here – but only if you have already unlocked another racer of the same tier.
- On the racetrack, a new sound now alerts you whenever a command can’t be executed, like using the booster while the heat blockade is active or trying to activate a lock-on pickup when there is no target in sight.
- If a lock-on pickup can’t be activated because there is no target in sight, an according message will now be displayed.
- After the explosion of your racer, it will now only take 1 second instead of 2 until you respawn. Also, the behaviour of the racer immediately after the explosion has been reworked.
- The overview of the keyboard layout in the loading screen before a race has been improved. You can now choose if you want to see the default or the alternative layout, which makes it easier to understand the controls.
- The attributes of the mounted cannons have been modified and there will be more fine-tuning in the future to further distinguish their individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Canyon: the settings for the “gravity flips” for the wall above the heat pad have been improved. Gravity flips are magnetic fields that rotate your racer.
- Airport: the open hangar and the container area have been reduced in size to improve client performance and avoid confusion.
- All impact effects from cannons and pickup weapons should now be displayed properly again.
- A bug had caused racers to sometimes lose to much speed when getting into contact with the track walls or other track geometry. This problem has been fixed.
- Server stability has been further improved.
- Some on-screen messages in the garage had been covered by interface windows. This should not happen anymore.
- The re-worked controls introduced with the last patched had negatively effected the navigation of the racers controlled by the servers. Their navigation has been adjusted.
As always, we are happy about any kind of feedback from you!
See you soon on the racetrack!
The Quantum Rush Team
Hint: If you are looking to participate in races with many other players, try to log in between 19:00 and 21:00 CET! Scheduling online races with other beta testers is now also possible via the Quantum Rush Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/quantumrush.